Here’s a summary of the important news stories from the past few days.
- Competing ballot measures in California.
- Rialto may expand revitalization.
- Santa Ana wants to be the heart of Orange County; will it involve eminent domain?
- A Monterey project that used eminent domain is facing several delays.
Eminent domain reform bill to see vote. The state senate passed its bill yesterday.
- “I didn’t know nothin’ about it…. ‘Til they sent me this letter that wasn’t exactly the friendliest thing I ever read.”
- “The city of Sugar Creek is kind of like Godzilla…. Only it eats people’s houses and craps out parking lots.”
- Video on Sugar Creek from WDAF Fox4 in Kansas City.
- Activists vow to continue to fight against Columbia’s expansion.
- The Yale Daily News covers Columbia’s expansion and discovers a lot of doubts.