- Pennsauken may have the latest redevelopment wreck on its hands.
- Neptune City is expanding its redevelopment area.
- Long Branch property owners have their date in court set: May 14.
Indiana: Schererville wanted to build a new shopping center, but there was a lone holdout. Did the town use eminent domain? Nope, the developer built around her home.
Virginia: Another university is getting into the development game. This time, it’s Old Dominion. It’s possible Viriginia’s eminent domain reform could apply in this situation.
Iowa: Obstacles have appeared in the attempt to close the recreational lake loophole in the state’s eminent domain laws.
Tennessee: Nashville is considering eminent domain to “boost” a stalled project on Music Row.
- Albany: David Paterson, the state’s new governor-in-waiting, is on record as being against eminent domain abuse.
- Chemung: County officials won’t use eminent domain to acquire a potato farm for an unknown Fortune 100 company.